Ames Rubber Manufacturing can produce new rollers and re-condition used rollers in a wide variety of polymers to meet your specific dimensional and environmental requirements.
New Rubber Rollers
For new rollers, you can supply the core for us to cover, or we can supply complete. Our in-house machine shop gives us the capability to manufacture steel and aluminum cores to your specifications, then sand blast and chemically prepare them for a superior bond to the elastomer that you require. The rollers can be molded, mandrel wrapped or extruded and bonded to the core. The OD is then ground to your requirements. We can also insert set screws if needed.
Recovered Rubber Rollers
Maintenance means keeping machinery running at peak efficiency. Working with Ames Rubber Manufacturing can be the perfect complement to your maintenance programs. You no longer have to work around the original equipment manufacturer's limited stock designs or bear the cost of complete roller or core replacement.
For recovered rollers, your inserts are first stripped if required then sand blasted, degreased and chemically prepared with a primer and adhesive prior to molding. The rollers can then be molded, mandrel wrapped or extruded and bonded to the reconditioned core just like new. The result is a vulcanized bond that is as strong as the original roller. The final dimensions are lathe ground to exacting tolerances with the required surface finish.
Our Capabilities include:
- Complete metal core manufacturing with turning and milling capabilities for single rollers or high volumes
- Molding or adhesion to supplied cores
- Stripping and recovering of our customer's existing used rollers
- Variety of elastomers including oil resistant, abrasion resistant and temperature resistant compounds
- Precision tolerances for ground ODs.
- Solid face and segmented rollers are available
Our ability to economically mold, extrude or mandrel build tubes of virtually any size or elastomer gives our customers unparalleled design flexibility.
When ordering, please provide the following information:
- Overall core length
- Face length of roller
- Core Outside Diameter (OD)
- Finished Roller Outside Diameter (OD)
- Material type and hardness (Durometer)
- New cores or existing
- Quantity required
Quick Materials Reference Guide
We offer rubber roller solutions for:
- Feed rollers
- Label press rollers
- Laminator rollers
- Metering rollers
- Nip rollers
- Power rollers
- Rubber sleeves
- Typewriter platens and pressure rollers
- Web offset printing rollers
- Your roller requirement
Solutions by Industry
- Consumer Products
- Food Service & Packaging
- Health and Medical
- Offset Press
- Many more industrial uses
Back to Top