For Extrusion, Molding and Sheet Rubber & Gasketing
These data sheets include detailed information on the most common elastomers, but additional materials are readily available.
For more Material information please click on our Quick Materials Reference Guide or Standard Elastomer Datasheets below.
Quick Materials Reference Guide
Ames Rubber Manufacturing will work with you to select the most appropriate material for your application. This will depend primarily on the temperature range and fluid resistance but also on any long term weather and ozone resistance required. Of course, the cost will depend largely on the properties required.
We will ask you the following questions when making a decision about the best material for your component:
- At what temperature will the component be operating?
- What is the highest possible temperature?
- What is the lowest possible temperature?
- Will the component be exposed to the sun or to seawater?
- Will the component be in contact with any fluids, chemicals or Gases? If so, how frequently?
- What is the hardness or Durometer of the required material?
We are not limited to stock formulations. Our custom compounding gives us the ability to manufacture rubber products to your proprietary compound, or assist in developing a new one for you.Material Specifications
Ames Rubber Manufacturing compounds materials which meet a wide range of industry specifications, including: Commercial, Military, FDA, food and water approved specifications and flame retardant regulations.
- AMS (Aerospace Material Specification)
- FDA (Food & Drug Administration)
- NSF (NSF International)
- Mil-STD (US DoD Military Specification)
- SAE J200 (Society of Automotive Engineers)
- UL (Underwriters Laboratories)
The international American Society of Testing and Materials created a system that describes specific material properties in a standard way. We manufacture to all ASTM-D specifications.Sheet Rubber & Gasketing and Gasket Materials
Most common elastomers can be supplied in Rolls or Sheet for stripping & Die Cutting applications. In addition, Ames Rubber Manufacturing stocks Gasketing materials including, but not limited to those listed below.
- Acetate Film
- Cellular Rubber – Open Cell
- Cellular Rubber – Closed Cell
- Cork & Rubber
- Cloth Inserted (CI) Rubber Sheet
- Diaphragm Sheeting
- EMI/RFI Gasket Materials
- Conductive Polymers
- Rubber/Screen Composites
- Gasket Sheet
- Matting – Rubber
- Matting – Vinyl
- Thermal Interface
- Thermoplastic Elastomers
- Vegetable Fiber
Back to Top